4Bit Games AS
Based in Lillestrøm, Norway
Maneuver your ship between planets at breakneck speeds and take gravity into account as you crush your competitors with an epic spaceship arsenal, in this awesome twin-stick spacebrawler! Use special abilities like shields and teleportation to defeat the enemy, and level up between the fights as the madness intensifies! Duke it out in a big selection of game modes like "Capture", or "Kill". If you are up for a challenge, the "Survive" mode barrages you with epic amounts of asteroids as you frantically try to best your foes. Between the many gamemodes you encounter, you level up your ship in a tech-tree with many options and paths. Each play session lasts anywhere between 5-40 minutes, but if you are the pick up and go type, we have modes for you too! The custom game mode ensures the player will have full controll of the battlefield! Choose the mode of the game, the orbitals on your map and the length of the matches.
ORBIT was created under a game jam titled «Size matters». The idea was to create a brawler where planets of differing size and function give off a gravitational pull or effect which affect the players, rockets and the arena itself. We took lots of inspiration from some of the first games ever created, for instance «Space war!» where gravity is the central mechanic. We where suprised to find there hasn't been any game like it since 1962! With the creative ingenuity of old arcade games and the elegance of modern game design ORBIT has grown into a top tier 4 player experience in under a year and a half.
- Crazy local multiplayer for 2-4 players couch-powered madness
- 9 game modes: Capture, Kill, Survive, Mayhem and MORE!
- Randomly generated maps for a fresh experience every game
- Design and create your own modes and battles with Forge
- Level-up system with spaceship upgrades and paths for total customization
- Super hot particle infused graphics
- Thrilling soundtrack by Wierz
- Bare-knuckled orbital amusement
ORBIT for Xbox One YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner of game developers competition at TG14" The Gathering, April 2014
- "Nominated for indie sensation" Nordic Game, 2014
- "Winner of game of the year" Norwegian game awards, 2015
- "Winner of gamer's choice" Norwegian game awards, 2015
- "Winner of best visual design" Norwegian game awards, 2015
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
4Bit Games AS allows for the contents of Orbit to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Orbit is legally & explicitly allowed by 4Bit Games AS. This permission can be found in writing at http://4bitgames.com/presskit/sheet.php?p=orbit.
About 4Bit Games AS
4Bit Games is a small independent developer on the western coast of Norway. We draw inspiration from classical arcade games and combine retro elements with modern mechanics and polish for maximum impact.
More information on 4Bit Games AS, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Erling Hoff Martiniussen
Game Designer / CEO / Artist / PR
Programmer / Game Designer / PR
Marius Strøm Pedersen
Alexander Bernard Olsen Pedersen
Erlend Kummernes / Wierz
Axel Breirem Kvinnesland
External Artist, Freelancer
Benedikte Emilie Vindstad
External Artist, Freelancer
Asbjørn Fintland Lystrup
Technical Advisor, Freelancer